Even though millions of people have tried chiropractic care, there are still plenty of misconceptions about it. Most people visit a chiropractor due to joint, back, poor posture, relief from an injury, or treatment for chronic pain. However, there are so many other potential benefits of receiving chiropractic adjustments. The goal of our chiropractic office is to educate patients about the various ways their health could improve through this approach.
Visiting For The First Time
When a patient comes to see a chiropractor for help regarding a health issue, the first step is evaluating their current and past medical history. A chiropractor may ask about symptoms, any recent diagnosis, and whether they are taking prescription medication. It is important to be forthcoming to your chiropractor so he or she can confirm that chiropractics can be helpful, in addition to creating a more personalized care plan.
What Adjustments Feel Like
During an adjustment, a chiropractor applies gentle yet direct pressure to specific areas of the patient’s spine and other joints. The intention is to bring joints that were out of placement back into proper alignment. These adjustments do not hurt, and should not cause pain. Certain joints on the spine or extremities may feel pressure or a little uncomfortable, but once the realignment is complete the patient is likely to feel relief.
In general, most patients enjoy going to the chiropractor, since relief from tension and other symptoms can be felt shortly after the appointment. The most common side effect is soreness or tenderness in the area that was adjusted. But unless there is immense pain, patients shouldn’t worry and the aches will probably diminish over a 48-hour period.
The benefits of chiropractic care that you may not have been aware of before can include:
- Improves joint function and mobility
- Loosens tight muscles due to an illness or injury
- Improves cognitive and ability to think more clearly
- Improves the general health of children and infants
- Improves athletic performance for those who play recreational or professional sports
- Improves quality of life by decreasing intensity and frequency of chronic pain
- Relieves prenatal discomfort
- Increases energy
- Improves quality of sleep
- Helps an overactive mind calm down
- Improves organ function of digestive system, lungs, heart, sinuses, and more
- Strengthens the body’s ability to fight off colds, flus, and other illnesses
- Improves function of nervous system
- Speeds up the body’s healing and recovery process
- Improves circulation of blood, generating new blood and promoting flow of stagnant blood
- Decreases inflammation associated with subluxation
If you are ready to try care for chiropractor in Rockville, MD, then we suggest reaching out to a clinic right away!
Thanks to the Pain Arthritis Relief Center for their insight into chiropractic care and its benefits.