Headache Doctor In Chapel Hill, NC
If you live in Chapel Hill, NC and are suffering from migraines, our headache doctor at Acupractic Natural Healing Center may be able to relieve your pain. Dr. Lisa Oskardmay is a Doctor of Chiropractic and is a licensed acupuncturist. Dr. Oskardmay has helped many patients who felt occasional or chronic headaches. Call us today to schedule an exam to find out how she may be able to help you too. As a respected and longtime headache doctor in Chapel Hill, NC, Dr. Oskardmay offers non-surgical treatment without the use of prescription medications.
Chiropractic Treatment for Headaches
Nine out of ten people in the United States suffer from headaches on a regular basis. Though the form of the headache may vary—some experience infrequent pain while others suffer from them on a daily basis. As a headache doctor in Chapel Hill, NC, Dr. Oskardmay provides skilled chiropractic care in the form of gentle spinal manipulation. This is an effective technique for relieving the pain and tension associated with headaches, particularly those that originate from the patient’s neck. In this way, a headache doctor in Chapel Hill, NC such as Dr. Oskardmay can improve a patient’s chronic migraine or other type of headache condition.
Common Causes of Headaches
Causes of headaches are often referred to as “triggers.” As a headache doctor in Chapel Hill, NC might tell you, what triggers a headache for one person, may not have the same effect on another. Some of the most common headache triggers include:
- An environmental stimulus or circumstance such as noise, light, stress, blood sugar change, excessive exercise, insomnia, etc.
- Misalignment of the spinal column or other area of the body.
- Muscle tension or joint irritation in the neck, back, or other area of the body.
How a Headache Doctor in Chapel Hill, NC Can Make a Difference
Dr. Oskardmay and her team at Acupractic Natural Healing Center offers a variety of effective treatments that are specific to a patient’s condition. With more than two decades of experience as a headache doctor in Chapel Hill, NC, she offers solutions that address a patient’s unique health concerns. After a thorough exam, Dr. Oskardmay may determine that one or more of the following treatments will be the optimum approach for a patient suffering from a primary headache:
- Provide a chiropractic adjustment or spinal manipulation to alleviate stress on the patient’s system by improving spinal function.
- Provide diet and nutrition guidance with suggestions for improving the patient’s nutrition intake, overall diet, and the addition of specific vitamins and other non-prescription medication supplements.
- Provide guidance for improving posture as well as relaxation techniques, specific exercises, and ergonomic approaches for daily routines (including sitting at a desk).
Make an Appointment Today
If you have been suffering from headaches, there may be a painless, drug-free solution that does not require surgery or complicated procedures. Acupractic Natural Healing Center has successfully treated many patients in the Chapel Hill community who lived with chronic pain for far too long. Contact us today to make an appointment with Dr. Oskardmay—a headache doctor in Chapel Hill, NC who truly cares about her patients.