Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture In Chapel Hill, NC
At the Acupractic Natural Healing Center, Dr. Lisa Oskardmay is a licensed acupuncturist who provides facial rejuvenation acupuncture in Chapel Hill, NC. If you are unaware of the transformative effects of facial rejuvenation acupuncture, we encourage you to contact us for an appointment to experience firsthand why it’s so popular in Chapel Hill, NC.
The History of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture actually has a long history which began in China during the Sung Dynasty which lasted from 960 to 1279 AD. It was primarily used as a cosmetic enhancement for the ruling class, but since that time has evolved as a non-surgical solution for people of all backgrounds. It is a painless method for reducing facial lines and wrinkles. It can also improve blood circulation and enhance the body’s natural anti-aging ability. Find out more about how facial rejuvenation acupuncture can also make your skin feel firmer and enjoy improved skin elasticity.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture Works
Prior to treating a patient, Dr. Oskardmay of Acupractic Natural Healing Center in Chapel Hill, NC explains what they can expect during the facial rejuvenation acupuncture sessions. Here is a brief overview:
- Very thin needles, no thicker than a strand of hair, are inserted into certain areas of the face. This encourages the blood to circulate which stimulates the body’s ability to produce collagen. Collagen rehydrates the skin and nourishes it. It also improves skin tones and reduces facial wrinkles.
- When the needles are electrically tuned to certain frequencies, the stimulation they provide improves facial muscle tone and skin elasticity. Patients usually also enjoy a more youthful effect on their skin.
- During the facial rejuvenation acupuncture sessions in our Chapel Hill, NC office, Dr. Oskardmay may apply a relaxing herbal facial mask made from natural Chinese herbal creams.
- Synergistic points are sometimes used during advanced facial rejuvenation acupuncture treatment offered at our Chapel Hill, NC location. This involves the legs, arms, and other areas of the body with the goal of strengthening the body’s natural energy force. In this way, it allows the body to internally enhance itself.
- If you have sagging jowls or a double chin, facial rejuvenation acupuncture in Chapel Hill, NC can help reduce droopy or puffy eyelids as well as inflammation.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture Treatment Duration in Chapel Hill, NC
Treatment sessions are usually performed one to three times a week for a total of 10-12 sessions. Each session lasts about an hour. The extent to which you can expect to see facial improvement varies from one patient to the next. Dr. Oskardmay may also recommend herbal supplements, dietary improvements, and other lifestyle changes to enhance the effectiveness of the facial rejuvenation acupuncture. Many patients enjoy visual improvement after six to eight sessions. Before you begin your sessions, Dr. Oskardmay can provide more information specific to your circumstances.
Things to Think About Before Undergoing Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture in Chapel Hill, NC
What’s the Procedure?
A seasoned practitioner will take a holistic approach, focusing on promoting the health of the entire body to enhance the appearance of the skin. This method is a unique way of improving the complexion and smoothing out fine lines. Including hydration and herbal remedies as a compliment to the acupuncture treatment can have a tremendous impact on your facial appearance and skin!
What Happens Afterward?
There are a few main effects from facial acupuncture. Firstly, the treatment works as a detox, removing toxins from the skin that lead to wrinkles and unwanted redness. Secondly, the acupuncture needles create ‘microcirculation,’ which can help improve blood circulation, using your body’s natural processes to get rid of impurities and enhance the client’s natural ‘glow’. This benefit is even known to reduce dark circles and dark spots. Increased circulation also helps the muscles in the face to relax, smoothing out fine lines and soften any wrinkled areas. Finally, the microtrauma caused by the needles can help stimulate collagen production and improve skin elasticity. Collagen provides that taught, youthful look to the skin — droopy skin associated with aging is largely the result of natural collagen depletion.
Who Should Try It?
As a holistic, natural treatment, it is recommended that clients new to facial rejuvenation acupuncture in Chapel Hill, NC should plan for at least eight to ten treatments, depending on their individual responses to the treatment. Thereafter, a regular monthly treatment or so helps maintain the age-defying effect. Acupuncture facials are also a great preventative option and can halt the signs of aging, making it a great way to not only reverse, but also maintain a youthful look.
Who Should Not Try It?
Facial acupuncture is not recommended for women who are pregnant or trying, people who have chronic headaches, high blood pressure, or any serious illness. Also if the client has any laser or any abrasive facial procedures done, it is best to wait a few weeks to let the skin heal before trying facial acupuncture.
What are the effects?
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture may erase as many as five to fifteen years from the face, with results apparent after just a few treatments. Fine lines may be entirely eliminated and deeper wrinkles diminished. Bags under the eyes can be reduced, jowls firmed, puffiness eliminated, droopy eyelids lifted and double chins minimized. Other likely results include: moisturizing of the skin with increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face; increased collagen production, muscle tone, and dermal contraction; tightening of the pores; brightening of the eyes; improving of hormonal balance to help acne; reduction of stress evident in the face – bringing out the innate Beauty and Radiance of an individual.
Who would benefit from Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Anyone concerned with looking and feeling young and slowing down the aging process. The decision to begin treatment may be professionally or personally inspired or a combination of both. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is suitable for those with deep wrinkles, fine lines, bags under the eyes, sagging, puffiness, drooping eyelids, double chin, large pores, dry skin or acne. Different methods are emphasized and specific points stimulated according to how an individual is aging. A person with excess puffiness, for example, would require a different treatment than someone with dry skin. The whole person is treated and evaluated on the body-mind continuum–the foundation of Holistic Medicine.
What is the course of treatment?
Generally, it consists of 12 treatments. The effects become most noticeable and lasting on or about the seventh session. Each person responds differently, depending on his or her condition and lifestyle prior to treatment. Following the initial course of treatment, maintenance sessions can prolong the results for five to ten years. It is often recommended to supplement the Facial Rejuvenation program with Facial Self-Massage and/or Acupressure, Facial Exercises, Herbal and Nutritional Supplements, pure and authentic Aromatherapy blends for the skin, and a healthy diet.
Common “Acu-points” to Know for Facial Rejuvenation:
If you’re looking for facial rejuvenation acupuncture in Chapel Hill, NC, it’s important to understand how the placement of the needles affect your body and thereby help eliminate the signs of aging:
- Yin Tang. This point sits right between the eyebrows and can help relax the muscles in between the eyes. It is an extremely calming point that allows for many patients to become meditative or sleepy.
- GB14. This point is approximately a half inch above the middle of the brow line and helps with forehead wrinkles and with lifting the eye.
- Stomach 4. This acu-point is in line with the corner of the mouth, directly under the pupil, and can help relax smile lines around the mouth — a catalyst for many clients to seek out Chapel Hill, NC facial rejuvenation acupuncture.
- Stomach 2. This point is about two inches directly under the pupil, and can help brighten the eye area and reduce puffiness or darkness.
- Si 18. This point is under the outer corner of the eye just under the cheekbone and can help with smoothing and lifting the cheek area.
- Li 20. This point is about a quarter inch lateral to nostrils and can be great for clearing sinuses, reducing inflammation, and can also help with smile lines.
Make an Appointment Today
If you would like to know more about the benefits of facial rejuvenation acupuncture, call our Chapel Hill, NC office to schedule an exam with Dr. Oskardmay.