Shoulder Pain Doctor In Chapel Hill, NC
As a licensed acupuncturist and Doctor of Chiropractic with more than twenty years of experience, Dr. Lisa Oskardmay has several treatments she uses to help those suffering from shoulder pain in Chapel Hill, NC. At the Acupractic Natural Healing Center we enable wellness among our patients using proven treatment without the need for surgery or prescription medications which can cause serious side effects. If you would like to explore safe and long lasting alternatives to drugs or invasive medical treatment, give us a call. If you live in the Chapel Hill, NC area, our doctor may be able to provide the relief you need for your shoulder pain.
A Doctor in Chapel Hill, NC Who Treats Shoulder Pain Using Acupuncture
Dr. Oskardmay understands that though a person may choose to live with chronic pain, they do not necessarily have to, especially if acupuncture can provide them with lasting or permanent relief. Many who suffer from shoulder pain do not realize that acupuncture can treat the cause of their pain, which is more effective than simply treating the symptoms. Addressing the cause offers a higher likelihood of eliminating the pain rather than masking the symptoms. In addition, acupuncture improves blood circulation which in itself is healing. As a Doctor of Chiropractic in Chapel Hill, NC, Dr. Oskardmay is knowledgeable about the body’s natural ability to heal itself, especially once the cause of the patient’s shoulder pain is treated. Find out more by calling us at Acupractic Natural Healing Center to schedule and exam to diagnose the nature of your shoulder pain.
Types of Shoulder Pain That Can Be Treated by Acupuncture
After you are examined by a shoulder pain doctor in Chapel Hill, NC, the cause of your condition can be identified. If you can be treated using acupuncture, Dr. Oskardmay will suggest a treatment regimen. Alternately, if the nature of your condition necessitates, she can provide you with a recommendation for a specialist. However, the following common sources of shoulder pain can be treated using acupuncture, which we offer at Acupractic Natural Healing Center:
- Rotator cuff tendinitis. The shoulder joint, also known as the glenohumeral joint, is stabilized by the rotator cuff. The rotator cuff is actually all of the muscles and tendons in the shoulder. When a patient is experiencing rotator cuff tendinitis, it is because their shoulder tendons are inflamed and swollen. What to know:
- A common cause for this condition is overuse of the shoulder tendons which often happens when participating in sports or lifting objects.
- Symptoms include pain when participating in activities requiring lifting or when sleeping, swelling, redness, or joint stiffness.
- Shoulder bursitis. When the shoulder joint’s bursa sac is inflamed, it can lead to bursitis. What to know:
- Common causes include repetitive motion, injury, and impingement syndrome.
- Shoulder bursitis may cause pain on the outside of the upper arm or shoulder.
Discover If Acupuncture Can Provide You with Pain Relief
Call Acupractic Natural Healing Center today for an appointment with our licensed acupuncturist in Chapel Hill, NC who can provide you with the shoulder pain relief you need.