Neck Pain Doctor In Chapel Hill, NC
If you live in Chapel Hill, NC and are suffering from neck pain, contact our doctor at Acupractic Natural Healing Center. As a licensed acupuncturist and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Lisa Oskardmay has helped many patients find the relief they need. For more than two decades, Dr. Oskardmay has successfully used chiropractic treatments to reduce or eliminate patients’ neck pain. When the body is unhealthy, it can negatively affect every aspect of a person’s life. If stress is a neck pain trigger, the pain itself can cause further stress, leading to a downward spiral of misery. The natural treatment we provide at Acupractic Natural Healing Center may be your ideal solution. Call us today to schedule an appointment with a neck pain doctor in Chapel Hill, NC who can help you return to a life of wellness.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Even if you have suffered from chronic neck pain for quite some time, you may not be aware of the causes or triggers that contribute to your agonizing condition. For many patients, it’s a combination of factors. After undergoing a brief but comprehensive exam by Dr. Oskardmay of Acupractic Natural Healing Center, your diagnosis may shed light on what will be the most effective treatment to reduce or eliminate your neck pain. A respected neck pain doctor in Chapel Hill, NC, Dr. Oskardmay has helped her patients regain the quality of life they once enjoyed before their condition developed. Whether or not the triggers causing your neck pain are in this list, she can very likely help you:
- Muscle strain. If any of your neck muscles are overextended or stretched too far, they are susceptible to tearing. Poor posture or insufficient neck support can lead to neck muscle strain. A Chapel Hill, NC neck pain doctor such as Dr. Oskardmay can teach you how to avoid muscle strain.
- Mechanical issues with the discs or facet joints. When a person ages, they can experience wear and tear in these areas of the body and that can cause chronic neck pain. After examining your condition, Dr. Oskardmay can determine if chiropractic treatment or acupuncture can reduce your pain levels.
- Cervical spine conditions. As an experienced neck pain doctor in Chapel Hill, NC, Dr. Oskardmay will be able to determine if you are suffering from any of a range of spinal issues. These can include:
- Cervical degenerative disc disease. If your cervical spinal disc is worn or has degenerated it can cause occasional but severe pain and instability of the neck. For some, the pain is not as pronounced but is chronically uncomfortable.
- Cervical osteoarthritis. If the cervical spine develops osteoarthritis, it can lead to neck stiffness and pain because it causes excessive friction between the neck’s facet joints. It can also cause bone spurs which in turn can lead to severe pain located at the base of the skull as well as in the hands, arms, or shoulders.
If you are suffering from chronic neck pain, you may be able to gain relief from acupuncture or chiropractic treatment. Talk to the neck pain doctor that so many people in the Chapel Hill, NC community turn to for relief—make an appointment today.